Sildenafil Citrate 100 mg is an oral pill very effective to treat erectile dysfunction and pulmonary arterial hypertension in men. It is available in brand names Viagra and Revatio.
How it works?
Doctors recommends sildenafil to treat erectile problems for it works wonderfully by increasing the blood flow to the penile area, which helps a man get strong erection and keeps him satisfied for longer duration. Sildenafil works only when there is sexual stimulation, as it does not provide any sexual stimulation. Sildenafil works differently for treating pulmonary arterial hypertension; it helps relax the muscles of blood vessels in the lungs and promotes free blood flow which helps decrease the pressure in your lungs.
How long is the effect of Sildenafil?
It works differently for each person, this pill start working within 30 minutes after you consume and retains its power in your body for at least 5-6 hours. If you take this pill as recommended by your doctor it works best and also prevent side effects.
Some of the side effects of Sildenafil
Some common side effects include
- sore throat
- runny nose
- flushed skin
- nose bleed
- prolonged erections
- blurred vision
- back pain
- muscle pain
- trouble sleeping
- upset stomach
Here are few things to keep in mind while taking sildenafil 100 mg:
- You can take this drug with or without food.
- Avoid taking it with alcohol.
- You can break the tablet before taking.
- If you are taking for erection problem then take it any time of the day.
- If you are taking this drug for pulmonary hypertension then take it thrice a day in a gap of 4-6 hours. Take it preferably at the same time of the day.
- Sildenafil should not be taken by people who take nitrates such as nitroglycerin(glycerin trinitrate), as this may result in a severe and potentially fatal drop in blood pressure.
- People suffering from liver diseases, blood pressure, kidney disease or who have had heart attack or stroke should take this medicine strictly after consulting doctor.