Diclofenac is also known as nonsteroidal anti inflammatory drug which is prescribed to relieve you from severe pain, joint stiffness and inflammation, this drug is so effective that it’ll help you to get back to your normal routine which is otherwise difficult to carry on with pain and swelling caused by osteoarthritis. Diclofenac works to reduce pain, inflammation by inhibiting the substance that is responsible for causing pain and inflammation.
How to use this medicine?
- Take this medicine as directed by your doctor.
- You should take this drug by mouth with plain water and do not lie down immediately for at least 10 minutes.
- Take this medicine as a whole and do not break or crush this drug.
- The dosage of this medicine is given as per your medical condition and the response to the treatment and the other drugs and supplements you are already taking.
- Inform your doctor about all other prescriptions, non-prescription drugs and herbal products you are using.
- Do not increase or decrease the dose.
- If you are taking this medicine for arthritis, continue to take it as instructed by your doctor.
- Upset stomach
- Difficulty swallowing
- Increased blood pressure
- Hearing problems
- Mood changes
- Unexplained weight gain
- Swelling of ankles
- Loss of appetite
These are some of the side effects of taking Diclofenac. If you are experiencing severe discomfort get medical help immediately.
- Before using this medicine tell your doctor if you are allergic to anti-inflammatory drug, as this drug contains certain inactive ingredients which may lead to allergic reaction.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from any serious disease like heart disease, asthma, high blood pressure, stomach problems, liver diseases and blood clotting problems.
- Sometimes anti-inflammatory drugs including Diclofenac can cause kidney problems, that’s it is very important to drink plenty of water and fluids to prevent dehydration.
- Inform your doctor about all other medicines you are using.
- When you take Diclofenac, avoid driving a vehicle or working on machinery as this drug may cause dizziness or drowsiness.